Jolene Blalock (now, also known as Jolene Rapino) is an American actress, former model, and FHM‘s ’10th Sexiest Woman In The World’ in 2003. After a series of childhood experiences that left her feeling completely unattractive, the diva traveled overseas as a teenager to start a modeling career that turned out to be quite a success as you are going to see in this post. Then, as time went on, Jolene transited to acting where she also proved her mettle, recording what she considers her career-high with a role in Star Trek: Enterprise.
Her Early Life
Jolene Blalock was born on March 5, 1975, in San Diego California, the United States of America. While we do not have the details on her parents yet, we know she grew up among three siblings. She recalls having an awkward childhood where she had no friends and even while growing up as a girl, boys were not interested in her.
However, Jolene’s social disadvantage as a child turned out to be a plus. It afforded her the opportunity to read a lot and expand her horizon quite early in her life. She also used the opportunity to develop artistic skills. While other kids did not like to play with her, she used the opportunity to develop an interest in surfing which kept her busy when she was not reading.
Then, going forward, by the time Jolene Blalock was 17 years of age, she traveled to Asia and Europe to ply her trade as a model. She reached the height of success as a model, covering many men’s lifestyle magazines including very prestigious ones. For instance, she featured on two occasions in Maxim‘s ‘Girls of Maxim’ gallery. She also appeared on the glossy pages of Playboy in 2002 and 2005.
However, as already hinted, Jolene eventually had to change her career from modeling to acting. Whereas it is easy to presume that modeling is a bed of roses, the reason Jolene gave for this transition was her harrowing experiences as a model. She said, in spite of her tough dieting schedule to stay in shape, she was never considered shapely enough.
Where Is She Today?
Having become an actress, Jolene made her TV debut in the NBC sitcom, Veronica’s Closet in 1998, acting as ‘Woman #3’. Until 2001, the actress made guest appearances in other TV shows such as the UPN comedy TV series Love Boat: The Next Wave; the top-grossing CBS procedural forensics crime drama series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and the legal drama TV show JAG showing on CBS. She also received a lead role in the miniseries Jason and the Argonauts in the year 2000.
After her supporting role in the hit UPN’s science fiction TV series Star Trek: Enterprise and a role in Stargate SG-1 between 2001 and 2005, Jolene Blalock appeared in about a dozen more movie roles until 2014 when she was last seen on the screens with her role as ‘Catalina’ in the comedy film, Sex Tape. That was also when she was reported to have given birth to the last of her three kids. So, where has she been or where is she now?
The last we heard of Jolene Blalock on the news was in March 2018 when it was reported by Los Angeles Times that she and her husband were buying a beachfront home in Malibu, California at the price of $11 million. This was confirmed on her Instagram page that shows her address to be located in Malibu. Recently, she posted a picture on Instagram (jol3ne) of her two boys picnicking on a beach.
See Also: Michelle Mylett – Bio, Facts, Everything You Need To Know
Here Are 5 Quick Facts About Jolene Blalock
- As of 2019, Jolene Blalock is reported to have an estimated net worth of $20 million.
- Jolene is married to Michael Rapino, the CEO of Live Nation, an events promotion company based in Beverly Hills, California. They have been married since April 22, 2003.
- Contrary to convention, it was Jolene Blalock who proposed to her husband instead of the reverse. Although they had met for a long time and were already dating, it was Jolene who made the move that turned the relationship into marriage by going on one knee and proposing to Michael on April 21, 2003. Michael accepted immediately, and they wedded the following day.
- Jolene Blalock has three children with her husband. Their children are Ryder James Rapino (born in 2010), River Thunder Rapino (born in 2012), and Rexton Rapino (born in 2014).
- Jolene has a social media presence on Instagram (@jol3ne and Twitter (@JoleneBlalock).