Back in the days, singing and dancing was all you need as a skilled actor but not so in our modern era as it is now broader in such a way that it gives room for people to develop and hone their craft. To such benefits, the likes of Amy Johnston were able to find their way into the entertainment industry.
Amy Johnston is an actress, stunt woman and martial artist who has received credits for her roles in movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Suicide Squad and Deadpool, where she displayed her skills with grace. Martial arts have been part of her life since childhood but with time she took a leap into the entertainment industry by becoming a Hollywood stunt performer and for over a decade her acting roles have attracted people’s interest to her personal life, especially with regards to her love life. Here we have facts about Amy’s life to share with you.
Amy Johnston – Biography
Amy Johnston was born in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, on February 5, 1990. She is the daughter of David Johnston known as one of the world’s kickboxing champions. Her educational background, as well as details about her other family members, are not known but she is of white ethnicity.
Amy’s passion for martial arts was built with the help of her father who coached her as a child but she only took the arts serious when she was six. Her father gracefully coached her all his “progressive” martial arts styles which include a mixture of Kenpo, kung fu, taekwondo, arnis, and kickboxing. Growing fonder with martial craft, she began to look at taking her newly found love to a professional level. Amy Johnston even mentioned the likes of Michelle Yeoh, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan as among her sources of inspiration. Going more professional, the LA native tried to distinguish her skills by committing herself to more training and blending different styles that feel right for her. Today, she is one of the best martial artists in the movie industry.
Joining Hollywood in 2009, Amy has received quite a number of film credits as a stunt specialist. She has appeared as a stuntwoman in films like Blonde Squad, Iron Man 3, DBZ: Light of Hope and Raze. In television series, Amy appeared in the TV sitcom, Pair of Kings and worked with actors like Ryan Ochoa and James Hong.
Amy has worked on short films like Angering the Gods and Kung Fu Femmes 4. She even had a role as Harley Quinn in a single episode of the Super Power Beat Down. However, her first lead role was in the 2016 film, Lady BloodFight where she acted as Jane.
If Married Who is The Husband?
Questions about Amy Johnston’s private life has recently dominated the media. Amy is not yet married but she is on her way to becoming a wife to her long-time boyfriend, Zac Morris. Though it is not clear when the two first met, they got engaged on November 10, 2017, after a few years of dating. The actress announced the news about her engagement on her Instagram page with a picture showing Zac kissing her ring finger. The following month she went to spend some time at her fiance’s place and as usual, she posted pictures of their spending quality time together. Meanwhile, the couple is yet to give updates about their relationship status.
Here are Other Facts to Know About Amy Johnston
- Amy left Van Nuys to Hollywood at the age of 18: After much training from her father, Amy went to Hollywood to find work for herself either in acting or stunt and while waiting to make her break in the industry, she was busy with some YouTube projects that include her stunt videos. Her YouTube channel currently has over 9k subscribers.
- Amy Johnston currently works with Thousand Pounds Action Company; a film production team that specializes in martial arts action films.
- Outside her YouTube page, Amy is quite popular on other social media pages like Instagram where she has over 38.3k followers and Twitter with over 5k followers.
- The actress owns a book titled “How to Stunt in Hollywood” where she details all the interviews she conducted on some Hollywood stunt stars with the aim of guiding young people who are dreaming of becoming stuntperson in the movie industry
- Amy Johnston has not disclosed her earnings yet but her salary is estimated at $167, 000 while her net worth is estimated at $1 million
- Amy is 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm) tall and her weight is about 52kg. Her bust, waist and hip measurement are 34, 24, 35 inches respectively.