Although a lot of people are not familiar with this gorgeous Mexican artiste, she is a very talented singer and songwriter. Corina Figueroa Escamilla is very popular in her country and is admired and adored for her lilting voice and cheery personality. While she’s not an A-list celebrity, she has her fair share of fans and followers who love her work and dedicatedly follow the progress in her career. She also has thriving social media accounts where she connects with her fans and posts pictures and moments from her personal life.
Since Corina Figueroa is not so famous in the mainstream music industry, her face is not always plastered in the media and she is almost never embroiled in controversies, so a lot of questions have arisen about who she is and what is going on in her life. Corina is also an American citizen since she married the famous indie rock and country musician Conor Mullen Oberst. Escamilla is a woman who dons more than one professional hat; she works as an engineer when she’s not in the studio recording, writing songs, or spending time with her lovely husband.
Corina Figueroa Escamilla – Biography
Corina Figueroa Escamilla was born in Mexico, however, her exact date of birth is unknown to the public at the moment since the musician and engineer has not revealed details about the intimate and private aspects of her life. It is assumed that she had a normal childhood, although there is no available information about her parents, or siblings, if any, at the moment.
The beautiful Latina singer graduated from high school before moving on to Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico where she bagged a degree in chemical engineering in 2008. She decided to further her education and further gained admission into the SAE Institute of Technology in New York where she studied audio engineering and graduated with the class of 2010.
Corina got caught up in a whirlwind of rumors and controversy after a woman named Joanie Faircloth accused her husband of raping her. She claimed that Conor made a move on her while they were backstage at a concert in 2003 and sexually assaulted her even though she told him she was still a virgin. However, her claims have long since been disproven, and she has offered a public apology to Conor, his fans, family, and real victims of sexual abuse whose stories she usurped. Corina stood by her husband through the ordeal and never once doubted his innocence.
The Mexican singer often lends her voice to singing backup for her husband and sometimes takes the stage with him during performances.
Facts About Conor Oberst’s Wife
1. Corina Figueroa Escamilla met her future husband Conor Oberst in Mexico while he was recording his self titled album in 2008, and they really hit it off. They soon began dating and tied the knot in a small wedding held in 2010. The couple has been happily married since and living together in America.
2. Her husband began making music with the help of his brother in the ’90s. He has played in several music bands including The Faint, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Desaparecidos, Commander Venus, Norman Bailer, Park Ave, Better Oblivion Community Centre, and Monsters of Folk. He has earned a number of honors and recognition for his songwriting and musical abilities.
3. Conor’s first album Water was released in early 1993. The project was paid for by his older brother and produced by Lumberjack Records, a music label they founded themselves. They later changed the name to Saddle Creek Records. The folk singer has 11 albums and EPs to his credit including Here’s to Special Treatment, Kill the Monster Before It Eats the Baby, The Soundtrack to My Movie, Gentleman’s Pact, One of My Kind, Upside Down Mountain, Ruminations, and Salutations.
4. The talented and beautiful musician grew up in Mexico, although she spent some of her university years in America. She returned to her home country after her education programme was completed.
5. Corina lives with her husband in his hometown in Omaha, Nebraska. They also have a house in New York, but Conor enjoys being closer to home these days so Omaha is where they spend most of their time.
6. The singer is working on putting out her own music album, and her fans and music lovers might be getting this treat sometime in the near future.
7. Corina Figueroa Escamilla and Conor do not have any children at the moment, but those cards are not off the table yet.