Trinidad Cardona is a talented Rhythm & Blues singer and a popular social media star. He became popular at age 17 with the release of the hit single “Jennifer”. The song went viral within 24 hours and gained more than 7 million views. Trinidad has gone ahead to release more songs and is now signed to a world-class record label. The young musician has been referred to as a bundle of talent and one to watch out for in recent times.
Trinidad Cardona’s Bio
The young and talented Trinidad was born into the Cardona family in Phoenix Arizona on the 23rd of May 1999. He had an upbringing and childhood that wasn’t conventional. Trinidad was raised by his mother and her lesbian partner because his father was reportedly in jail. They tried as much as possible to raise him in a liberal and loving atmosphere which is obvious in the way he turned out.
That said, he faced lots of discrimination and bullying in school due to the sexual orientation of his parents. Despite all this, he remained positive about life and finished high school in 2017.
Trinidad Cardona found himself in love with music which served as an escape from boredom and the troubles of his young life. He initially began singing for fun before he began to record and post them online. He started getting serious with music at age 16 especially when he noticed that people appreciated his music. He created his own music; writing verse, composing tracks and singing them. Trinidad started gaining fame on the internet with the release of his song “Summer Love” in 2016. It was at this point that the young singer began to consider making a career out of music.
In 2017, he posted one of his songs “Jennifer” on Facebook. Fortunately for him, the song went viral within 24 hours and he became a celebrity overnight. The number of views and shares increased and some celebrities including Kelly Rowland, Gucci Mane, and Ludacris even shared the song on their social media pages.
‘Jennifer’ has different versions online. One of the versions is a four-minute loop by his fans which got millions of views and was favorited by fans. He also did a rap remix which he refers to as the official version. By popular demand, Trinidad put out “Jennifer EP” with two other tracks (‘You Are Mine’ and ‘Ready’).
Trinidad Cardona has enjoyed one of the perks of being on social media and has taken advantage of his new found fame. He has released singles like ‘Even If’, ‘Call Me Back’, and ‘Dinero’. In 2018, Trinidad was signed to Island Records. David Massey, the CEO of the record label called Trinidad a potential star and he just had to sign him after he listened to ‘Jennifer’.
Is He Gay?
Due to the kind of family in which Trinidad Cardona was raised, assumptions have been made about his sexual orientation. Trinidad is straight and started dating Meredith Reeves in 2019. They are so cute together and won’t stop sharing pictures of themselves together on their social media pages. The pair made a song titled ‘Trust’ together and it has gained lots of online views.
See Also: Jon Cozart – Everything You Need To Know
Facts You Must Know About Trinidad Cardona
1. He has a self-titled YouTube channel and has about 408k subscribers on it. He also has around 231k followers on Facebook, 7k on Twitter, and 157k on Instagram. Trinidad first became popular on Facebook where his ‘Jennifer’ track went viral. His account was hacked after that and he had to rebuild his audience from scratch.
2. Trinidad is an optimist. He was raised in a liberal home and he believes that once people adjust to new concepts and social norms, bigotry and prejudice can be eradicated.
3. When asked about the musicians he listens to, his response was that he listens to Tommy Lee, dancehall music, Popcaan, Michael Jackson, Vybz Kartel, and in recent times Jerry Bergonzi and Grover Washington.
4. Growing up, Trinidad Cardona was exposed to different cultures which might have influenced his liberal and positive outlook to life. His parents are African and Mexican and his mother’s wife is Puerto Rican. He once shared that amongst other things, he wants people to learn from his music that it’s alright to be themselves and be different.
5. He was featured in Alex Aiono’s “Does it Feel like Falling”.