Todd Kapostasy has always been a special person in the communication industry and sports. The Lake County native who found his root in sports since his college days later turned his passion into a career as a sports producer. The four-time Sports Emmy winner has been in the industry for over a decade and has been making meaningful contributions in every sports-related area. His rewards, in addition to multiple awards, include fat financial earnings, and, of course, his beautiful wife whom he met during one of his favourite moments. Let’s learn more about the Fox Sports 1 producer.
Todd Kapostasy’s Biography
Todd Kapostasy was born on July 7, 1984, in Florida’s Lake County. He attended Perry High School and graduated in 2002 before transferring to Brown University where he graduated with a double major in History and political science. While in high school, Kapostasy was a sports lover. He was a high jumper on the school’s track team. Todd holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity.
Todd Kapostasy’s career as a producer began shortly after he finished with his university education. He started as a production assistant at ESPN and spent as much as seven years with the U.S.-based sports channel, learning more about news production while helping with the production of SportsCenter. Todd’s passion for sports and documentaries was among the reasons why he chose his career.
Moving further in his career, Todd left Connecticut for Los Angeles where he began working for Fox Sports 1 in 2015. His contribution to the growth and success of the American pay television channel never went unnoticed as he bagged four different Sports Emmys for three projects in one year. Two of the awards he received was for editing while one was for covering a story about the Cleveland Indians and Albert Belle. His fourth award was for New Approaches to Short Form Features on the Cleveland Indians. Still working as a sports producer for Fox Sports 1, Kapostasy remains one of the top notable personalities in the communication industry. Speaking about his future plans in the industry, Todd revealed that he would love to do long-form documentaries in sports. Hence, in the nearest future, he expects to make his “first full-length feature sports documentary”.
His Net Worth
Following his long years of experience as a producer, Todd is believed to be receiving an outstanding amount of money as salary. Even though his net worth is not yet publicized, the four-time Sports Emmy winner has undoubtedly secured some substantial amount for himself.
Spouse – Tara Lipinski
Todd Kapostasy is a happily married man. His spouse is Tara Lipinski, a former figure skater and gold medalist. The duo was said to have met for the first time at the prestigious Sports Emmys in May 2015. From being best of friends, they pushed their relationship further in December 2015 when they got engaged. Todd and Tara had their first date at Baltaire Resturant after Tara emailed him about a group date but their engagement was at Manhattan Plaza Hotel.
Tara is a Pennsylvanian native born on June 10, 1982. She is the daughter of Patricia and Jack Lipinski and she is of Polish descent. Some of the places she spent her early years include Gloucester County, Washington Township, and New Jersey.
Tara and Todd were officially united in marriage after their successful marriage ceremony took place at Middleton Place, Charleston, South Carolina. The wedding was done outdoors on June 24, 2017, with about 245 people, including Scott Hamilton, Johnny Weir and Dan Patrick, in attendance. The two lovebirds have since remained together, sharing good moments. They were spotted in Coachella having fun in April 2018. Tara also posted pictures of their vacation on her Instagram page.
1. Like most men who would love to make their proposal very special and memorable, Todd Kapostasy made a special arrangement on the day he would propose to Lipinski. The proposal was made at Manhattan’s iconic Plaza Hotel after the two went on skating. Shortly after Tara said yes, Todd quickly posted the good news on his Instagram page and followed it up with a list of qualities he desired in his future wife.
2. As for their wedding, the ceremony was quite colourful. While his wife wore her white floral gown, her bridesmaids wore beautiful floral head wreaths, while the flower girls held baskets made by her mother, Patricia Lipinski.
3. While studying in college, Todd was also very active in sports. He was a member of the school’s track team as a high-jumper. Even in high school, he was outstanding in three sports including basketball, football and track.
4. He produced a video featuring Mohammed Ali which was aired before the 2017 Super Bowl. The video, however, landed the Fox Broadcasting Company in trouble as the Muhammad Ali Enterprises filed a lawsuit for $30 million, claiming that the company did so without authorization.
5. Todd Kapostasy and his wife Tara are well represented on every social media network where they share pictures and talk about their personal lives. In one of his posts on Instagram, he spoke about his wife’s great qualities. According to Todd, Tara is a passionate, loyal, beautiful, well-talented lady and he considers himself lucky to have her.
6. Todd Kapostasy’s wife, who is a skater, is a 1997 world champion, 1998 Olympic champion, and a two-time Champions Series Final champion.