Samantha Marie Olit is a famous American singer known for her magical voice and love for soulful music. She is also pretty popular as a talent manager, life coach, and blogger. But to most people, she is simply known as the ex-wife of the late punk rock superstar, Chester Bennington, who committed suicide on the 20th of July 2017.
Quite recently, she filed a lawsuit against the estate of her ex-husband, claiming that she is owed as much as half a million dollars in child support by the late rock star. Want to know more about this talented woman, her childhood, and relationship status? Then keep reading below.
Biography of Samantha Marie Olit
Samantha Marie Olit, popularly referred to as Punk Rock Mother Theresa, was born on December 1, 1971, in Detroit, Michigan. She is of American nationality and mixed ethnicity. There is no information in regards to her parents except the fact that she was adopted at a very tender age and was raised in California by her adopted parents. At the age of seven, she recorded her first song in a home studio near where she lived.
Few months after the celebration of her seventh birthday, her adopted mother was hospitalized with a terrible illness. During one of her visit to the hospital alongside her grandma, her mother had a complication and was pronounced dead. Sitting by her bedside totally oblivious of what had happened, she began singing the song she recorded and miraculously the fingers of her mother started shaking, much to the surprise of medical attendants. She eventually became healthy and raised her daughter until maturity. Besides that, not much is known about her childhood and educational qualifications.
As a teenager, she set up a burlesque dance group which she called the Rhythmic Kittens with their speciality being in modern jazz, hula, hip-hop, and salsa forms of dance. After several years of being a dancer, she decided to pursue her career as a singer which led her to set up a music label which she named ‘SAM Records’. In a bid to promote her musical career, she signed the popular South African band ‘The Narrow’, which led her into singing several soulful songs with them and performing around the world.
After some time, she decided to part with the band following several disagreements with band members. Choosing not to dwell on that set back she set out to record a meditation song with the intent of reaching out to infants, young children, and teenagers.
The year 1996 can be said to be an unforgettable one in the life of Samantha Marie as it was the year she got married. Earlier that year while attending a concert in Arizona she met Chester Charles Bennington, the Lead singer of the alternative rock band Grey Daze. They got talking and found out they had a lot in common. Soon after, they started dating and eventually tied the knot on October 31, 1996, in a private wedding ceremony. After 9 years of marriage, they got divorced in 2005 for reasons best known to them. Currently, she works as a blogger for Certainlyher.com magazine.
Facts About Chester Bennington’s Ex-Wife
Here are facts you should keep to mind about Samantha Marie Olit.
1. The beautiful singer and talent manager is currently single. However, there are rumors claiming she is in a romantic relationship with A.J Williamwood, but she has vehemently denied this.
2. Samantha Marie Olit is the mother of Draven Sebastian Bennington. He was born on April 19, 2002, during her marriage with Chester Bennington.
3. The American musician was pissed with the way Chester’s funeral service was handled. She was mad that her son was excluded from the proceedings and, that Chester’s life was reduced to his most recent years.
4. Samantha Marie Olit is a certified ICA creative life coach who works with private clients with the intent of making them feel better about themselves, both internally and externally.
5. Although her exact body measurements are currently unknown, she is known to be quite tall. She also has a curvy body which she isn’t scared to flaunt. Her most amazing body features is her black hair and pretty black eyes.