Robert Rihmeek Williams better known as Meek Mill started his career forming a rap group called The Bloodhoundz with three of his friends. The group produced four mixtapes together until they split in 2008.
Rahmeek caught an eye from several record producers in 2008 after his fourth mixtape ‘Flamers 2: Hottest in Tha City’ was released. Charlie Mack, the founder and president of 215 Aphillyated Records signed him and Mill found his pathway to fame.
Meek Mill Albums
T.I., the founder of Grand Hustle Records was also impressed with Meek Mill, and he was offered an immediate opportunity to travel to LA. Mill grabbed a better contract with Warner Bros Records and he started collaborating with T.I. in several mixtapes. He also teamed up with DJ Drama to release the third edition of ‘Mill’s Flamers’.
Rick Ross, Vado, Wale, Lil Wayne, Birdman, Swizz Beatz, to name a few are some of the other stars who Mill collaborated with to gain fame and wealth with new albums and single releases.
Ranked #7 hottest MC in 2012 by MTV, Mill was already featuring for several other artists like Drake, Kendrick Lamar, 2 Chainz, French Montana and Fabolous. Meek did another a mixtape – Dreamchasers 2 – which was downloaded over 1.5 million times just in 6 hours of its release. This attracted him a deal with Roc Nation management.
His debut album Dreams and Nightmares was a big hit in 2012. ‘Young & Gettin’ It’ ranked #2 on US Billboard 200. He launched his own imprint, Dream Chasers Records, named after his popular mixtape series and went on to sign several rappers from Philadelphia.
Meek’s second studio album – Dreams Worth More Than Money – was released by his Dream Chasers Records in June 2015. The album started off at the peak of US Billboard 200 and went on to grab the Top Rap Album award in 2016’s Billboard Music Awards.
Unlike his second studio album, his third, Win & Losses was released by Maybach Music and Atlantic Records. Also, the album didn’t peak at the top of the charts. Nonetheless, it was successful, debuting at #3 on Billboard 200. Win & Losses was released sometime in July 2017.
His Net Worth
Meek Mill’s net worth gradually started flowing in and increased as he becomes more active in the music industry. He made a lot of money from his bright music career. Unfortunately, the flow was hampered by the rapper’s several illegal acts that got him jailed.
Meek Mill is also a luxury car collector and owns several cars like Maybach, Bentley Mulsanne, Mercedes s-class, Mercedes G63, to name some. While Meek Mill is waiting to see his career rise to a peak, he currently enjoys a lavishing life with financial base of $5 million.
He was in a relationship with rapper and singer Nicki Minaj since early 2015. Meek has been part of several feuds with artists like Cassidy, Drake and more, which has made him a highlight in the rap music scene.
Age, Height & Other Facts
Date of Birth: May 6, 1987
Place of Birth: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Full Name: Robert Rahmeek Williams
Profession: Rapper, Hip Hop artist
Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
Marital status: Dating (Nicki Minaj)
Astrological sign: Taurus
Cash flow: $5 million
Things You Didn’t Know About Meek Mill
1. When he was 18, he was arrested and beaten up by the police. Both of his eyes and his lips became swollen because of the beating. Also, one of his braids was ripped out.
2. He was a shy kid, who rarely spoke.
3. His mother’s name is Kathy Williams and his older sister is Nasheema Williams.
4. After the death of his father, Mill moved with his mother and sister to North Philadelphia.
5. At 18, he was arrested for owning an illegal firearm, as well as assaulting an officer.
6. His uncle, Grandmaster Nell, was a pioneering DJ in the hip-hop scene of Philadelphia in the late-1980s.
7. He is good friends with Tory Lanez.
8. He was influenced by Chic Raw and Vodka, independent hip-hop artists.
9. When he was young, he would stay up late, past midnight, filling his notebook with phrases and verses.
10. He has a baby mama named Fahima.
11. In 2008, he was again arrested for gun possession and a drug deal and sentenced to jail.
12. His father was described as the black sheep of the family by his uncle.
13. His father was killed when he was five years old during an attempted robbery.
14. He was inspired by one of his uncle, Grandmaster Nell.
15. His uncle is said to have influenced Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
16. He has had several notable feuds with Drake, Cassidy, Beanie Sigel and The Game.
17. When he released his song, Amen, a Philadelphia based pastor, Rev. Jomo K. Johnson, called for a boycott of the song and Meek Mill due to its lyrical content.
18. His astrological sign is Taurus.
19. He started his career as a battle rapper.
20. It was reported on January 2, 2017, that Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj had ended their two-year relationship.