Best recognized as a news anchor and a TV host, Maurielle Lue loves to live in the moment and always bring her ‘A game’. An ambitious journalist, Lue has metamorphosed from a little daddy’s girl who used to watch the news every night with her family into a popular TV face. While there may be information readily available about Lue’s professional endeavours, not much is known about her personal life. Here are interesting facts to know about the award-winning journalist.
Maurielle Lue was born on March 25, 1985. Though she was born in San Antonio, the journalist grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. Maurielle grew up watching the news every other night with her family and admired the broadcasters she saw on TV back in the days. She was certain of her career path even from her elementary school days. With her family’s support, Maurielle began honing her oratorical skills at a young age in church, school and every other possible platform available to her at the time.
Lue’s career took off before she finished high school; her earliest journalism gig dates back to her teens when she began covering local issues and events among Atlanta youths. In fact, she clinched her first major award at the age of 16 with a documentary about internally displaced youths that earned her the international journalism award. Maurielle Lue is an alumna of Hampton University where she graduated as a scholarly student from Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communication.
Fresh from college, Maurielle landed a job as a reporter, producer, and anchor for the NBC-affiliate station WVVA in West Virginia. After a few years, she moved on to WEWS-TV, Cleveland, an ABC-affiliate station, in 2008. During her stint with the station, Maurielle held various positions and served in different capacities including roles as an anchor, a breaking news reporter, a lead reporter, a general assignment reporter, as well as a track reporter.
After three years with WEWS-TV, Lue joined the FOX 2 News Team in 2011. She currently serves in the Detroit-based network as a reporter and host. Fans would recognize Maurielle as a morning anchor, and host on shows such as Let it Rip Weekend and The Nine. She has gained wide popularity while working with the network. It was her masterpiece project titled Mamma Said He Deserved to Die that earned Maurielle an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) in 2011.
Family – Father & Mother
Maurielle Lue’s parents are Marcel and Heidi Lue. The journalist is not an only child as she has a younger brother, Myles. However, it is uncertain if she has other siblings. As earlier mentioned, Maurielle had a very supportive family who discovered her journalistic talents quite early and helped her in choosing a career path.
Maurielle presumably shares a close bond with her mother. The older Lue woman gifted her daughter a priced diamond ring as a graduation present. Maurielle always wears the ring which she considers one of her all-time favourite jewellery.
Meet Her Husband
Maurielle Lue is apparently one of those public figures who love to keep details of their love life under the radar. Since she came into the limelight, the award-winning journalist has not been romantically linked to anyone and nothing is known about her dating history. Given the uncertainty shrouding her relationship status, it is safe to say Lue is not married…at least not yet and is possibly single.
Other Facts About Maurielle Lue
1. The Emmy Award-winning television host has gained a wide audience in her career such that she is considered as pop culture in some quarters. In fact, her fans identify themselves as ‘The Lue Crew’.
2. It is uncommon knowledge that Maurielle is a sports enthusiast. While she may not be active in the field, the journalist loves all things sports related.
3. Lue is also recognized for her great fashion taste. One of her style icons is Michelle Obama. In business, Lue looks up to the legendary media executive and host, Oprah Winfrey.
4. Besides her journalism career, Maurielle Lue has other TV credits. In 2011, she participated and won the popular Dancing With the Stars Cleveland dance competition.
5. Lue has an active social life. She is a proud member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority & National Association of Black Journalists.
6. Maurielle Lue is very self-disciplined. Among other daily targets and goals, she hardly defaults in her personal sleep time, work, and wakeup routines.
7. Lue does not just educate and entertain fans on just the mainstream media but also on social media. While she may not be present on all social networking platforms, fans can connect with the journalist on her Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.