A British talent, Lucy Punch is best recognized as an actress with a real knack for comedy. With her ever articulate and effervescent charm, it is only natural that Punch has been able to attract a huge number of dedicated fans who follow her works. The gifted actress has an exhaustive list of stage, TV and film credits under her belt. Punch is yet another proof that schooling doesn’t always correlate with success as she dropped out of college to become an actress, a decision that has since paid off.
Lucy Punch’s Bio
A Londoner, Lucy Punch was born on December 30, 1977. She is one of the two children born to Michael and Joanna Punch. Lucy and her brother had a decent upbringing as their parents were business inclined.
Lucy’s flair for the performing arts was evident from a young age. Though also a good dancer, she always had her eyes set on acting. In addition to her parent’s unflinching support, Lucy often accompanied her mother to various theatre shows which further stoked the British actress’ yearnings to get on stage and in front of the camera.
Punch began honing her acting skills by participating in theater productions as a student at Godolphin and Latymer High School. It was while in high school that she joined the National Youth Theatre as a teenager in 1992 and performed in stage productions of London’s West End for four years.
Lucy Punch proceeded to study history at University College, London. While studying, she continued auditioning for roles and after a while, she ditched her studies to fully pursue her passion.
Her Career Achievements, Movies, and TV Shows
Punch has been acting since 1998. She made her acting debut on the small screen with a role in the TV series The New Adventures of Robin Hood and quickly followed up with other roles. She is known for works like Renford Rejects, Big Bad World, Days Like These, Let Them Eat Cake, all in 1999. Lucy continued with her TV features in the 2000s and has credits in series like The Class, Dinotopia, Doc Martin, and My Family.
Punch made her big-screen debut in the year 2000 with the movie Cinderella. She went on to establish herself as a versatile talent with subsequent roles in movies such as Midsomer Murders and Greenfingers both released in 2000, Mr. Steadman (2001), Come Together (2002), Second Nature (2003), The Life and Death of Peter Sellers and Being Julia both released in 2004, Festival (2005), Are You Ready for Love (2006), as well as Hot Fuzz and St. Trinian’s both released in 2007.
The late 2000s was a bleak period for Lucy Punch’s career. The actress was already considering ditching acting for another job as a teacher when fate smiled at her once again in 2010. It was during this time that actress Nicole Kidman opted out of the making of You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger and director Woody Allen called Lucy Punch to replace Kidman for the show-stopping role of a gold-digging escort girl. Punch’s acting career was revived following the success of the hit movie. Although Lucy still had to struggle for roles subsequently, she has worked non-stop since then.
Her other notable screen features thereafter include the 2010 film Dinner for Schmucks, the 2011 movie Bad Teacher, Stand Up Guys (2012), Stars in Shorts (2012), Into the Woods (2014), and She’s Funny That Way (2014), among others.
Other Facts About Lucy Punch
1. Lucy Punch is one of those stars who prefer to keep details of their personal lives under the radar, thus there has been an air of mystery shrouding her love life.
2. The only man that the British actress has been linked to is James D’Arcy. The two are believed to have been an item for a long time. Their romance dates back to the year 2002 and after a long courtship, they reportedly tied the knot in 2014. It is uncertain if Lucy and James are still together but the actress is now a mother. Although her son’s paternity has not been disclosed, it is common knowledge that she welcomed him in July 2015.
3. Lucy Punch has impressive peculiar physical features. The height and weight of the platinum-haired and bright perky-eyed actress has not been disclosed. Her other body measurements are bust 34 inches, waist – 25 inches, and hips – 32 inches.
4. The California-based actress currently lives in West Hollywood.
5. Punch is far from your typical epicure. She loves discovering and eating local cuisines wherever and whenever possible.