Joel Pimentel is a star whose first love is music. While the award-winning Hispanic singer appears to be living his best life yet, not many are aware that he was initially a very shy kid, an effect of being bullied at school. Pimentel is best recognized as one of the CNCO band members and a product of the La Banda show. Here are the reasons why the singer and reality TV star’s profile should not escape your attention.
Joel Pimentel Biography & Age
Joel Pimentel is a native of California born on February 28, 1999. Though a Cali-made singer, Joel is half Latino as he has Mexican roots. He is one of the four sons born to Patricia Pimentel De Leon. Joel and his brothers were single-handedly raised in their hometown by Patricia and there is nothing known about their father.
The singer largely owes his musical success to his grandfather who did not only discover Joel’s talent but also inspired and encouraged him to pursue music as a career. Consequently, the lad was convinced to enroll in singing lessons at the early age of eight.
Again, there is little or no information available about Pimentel’s academic efforts but he is believed to have gotten the basic formal education. Joel’s inclinations towards the performing arts can be traced back to his middle school days where he caught the acting bug and participated in school plays. Nonetheless, the singer remained committed to his first love – music!
Joel Pimentel’s first major breakthrough came in 2015 when he auditioned for La Banda and made it through to the reality show. But more importantly, it was in this same year that Joel beat Alan Matheus to become one of the five members of CNCO, the boy band that was officially formed at the finale of the La Banda show.
The CNCO band warmed their way into the hearts of the audience and judges with amazing performances. La Banda marked the beginning of other breakthroughs for the band which was mentored and represented by Ricky Martin. In addition to other benefits won from the reality show, the five-member band which performed Spanish songs also landed a five-year record deal with Sony Music Latin.
After La Banda, Pimentel and his band began performing at concerts and touring cities across the country. In early 2016, they dropped new hits, Tan Fácil and Quisiera, which were top chart climbers in Latin circles. More so, the Quisiera music video was a record breaker on social media after it garnered millions of views on YouTube within a short time.
CNCO’s debut album Primera Cita (First Date) was eventually released by mid-2016. The album produced by popular Puerto Rican rapper Wisin, under the Sony Music Latin label, was a top chart climber and a huge commercial success in the US and across many Latin American countries.
More recently, Joel Pimentel and his bandmates’ eponymous sophomore album was released in April 2018. Like its predecessor, the CNCO album was yet another commercial hit and a top chart climber.
Joel Pimentel’s Height
Joel Pimentel has impressive physical features but he may not be your tallest celebrity favorite. The singer stands tall at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm), complemented by his weight of about 68 kg (150 lb). His other body measurements have not been disclosed.
Facts About The Singer
1. Joel Pimentel and his bandmates are award-winning singers. Among other industry recognition, a Billboard poll once named CNCO as the Favorite New Latin Boy Band. The band has also won no less than five music awards in different categories at the 29th Premios Lo Nuestro Awards. Specifically, their debut album Primera Cita (First Date) was named the Pop/Rock Album of the Year at the awards.
2. Pimentel did not understand, speak or write his native language Spanish until age eight. Though the singer now speaks and writes Spanish, he does not consider himself to be fluent in the language.
3. He was a victim of bullying and was nicknamed Potato while growing up. Thus Pimentel grew to become a very shy and introverted dude.
4. Although it is common knowledge that it was Joel Pimentel’s grandfather who inspired his musical career, the singer also credits his career success to his mother Patricia. The duo shares a close mother and son bond.
5. Pimentel is very active on social media. He gained critical acclaim on the La Banda show and has since amassed millions of followers on popular social networking sites including Twitter and Instagram.