Conor McGregor is an Irish mixed martial artist and UFC fighter. He is the most celebrated UFC lightweight champion and ex-UFC featherweight champion.
Not long past, the UFC fighter made a lot of waves, increased his wealth and fame – thanks to his highly popularized bout with Floyd Mayweather.
Conor McGregor – Early Life and Carrer Beginning
Born on July 14, 1988, in Dublin, Ireland, Conor McGregor was raised in Crumlin. He had his primary and secondary at both Gaelscoil and Gaelcholaiste. During his secondary school, he developed passions for sport venturing into association football. As years passed, he acquired training that paved ways for his career.
McGregor’s MMA career first rolled out in 2008 which was his first professional MMA fight. The bout was against Gary Morris, defeating him in second round TKO. He later attended the UFC 93 in 2009 and indicated interest in pursuing a career in the UFA. He trained under John Kavanagh and joined his team at SBG Ireland to start his fighting career. McGregor has also trained for Tae Kwon Do, Karate, and Kickboxing, which gives him an additional advantage in the ring against his opponents.
As time passed, the fighter began making name for himself maintaining an undefeated streak in 2011 with 13 wins. As a result, some of his fights were named the fastest recorded knockouts in MMA, ending in only 4 seconds. He then went on to win the CWFC Featherweight and Lightweight Championship making him the first ever Irish to hold titles in three divisions
McGregor climbed to European ranking in no time and signed multi-fight contracts for UFC in 2013. His first fight ended in a win via TKO in just a minute in the first round. He fought in UFA Fight Night 26, UFC Fight Night 46 and more, without losing a match against fighters like Cole Miller, Dustin Poirier, Dennis Siver, etc.
Conor McGregor’s Net Worth
Currently, Conor McGregor has a cash flow of around $64 million. The Irishman fighter has won first the featherweight, and then lightweight titles. Currently, he is known as the highest-paid athlete in the UFC. Just months ago, he headlined two of the three best-selling UFC fights ever on pay-per-view. The fights include UFC 202, and UFC 205. He won Nate Diaz and Eddie Alvarez in the two matches respectively.
The former bout had a record of 1.6 million buys while the later had 1.3 million buys. McGregor also featured in the second and fifth best-selling fights of all-time. The champion bagged $27 million from the two fights which took place in second half of 2016. However, he made a mammoth cash from the boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.
His fight with Mayweather, which sets him against one of the best boxers of all time, gathered a huge attention of fight fans across the world. It is arguably the richest bout ever, seemingly upstaging Mayweather’s victory over Manny Pacquiao in 2015.
Read Also: Brooks Laich Bio, Salary, House, Wife, Stats
Having made $27 million, McGregor was 24th on the Forbes list of highest paid athletes for 2016/17. Additionally, his wealth grew by $7m from deals and endorsements. The increase placed his cash flow at $34m before the big fight with Mayweather. It was expected that the match with Floyd Mayweather could attract three million or more PPV buys. Based on that, the martial artist was expected to earn $75 million if the fight with Mayweather took place. And yes, it did took place and was successful. But the martial artist reportedly earned a minimum of $30million while Mayweather bagged $100m.
If you throw in the $30million he earned from this defeat to his net worth, it will definitely be on the rise. This means that Conor McGregor is worth approximately $64million (€53.6m)
Conor McGregor has won around $700 thousand until 2015 in prize money through his fight in the UFC. He also earns from his own business – You Inc. Also, he signed new marketing pacts with Anheuser-Busch and Beats by Dre in the spring of 2017.
Wife or Girlfriend, Is Conor Married?
McGregor has a girlfriend, Dee Devlin but they are not yet married. The pair has been together for the past nine years and has been together through thick and thin. McGregor has always attributed his successes to his secret weapon Dee Devlin.
Earlier this year the pair welcomed their first baby McGregor Jnr. A recent report has it that the duo is set to be working down the aisle next summer in Dublin. It will be the biggest wedding Dublin has ever seen because McGregor doesn’t know how to do things by halves.
The couple is well celebrated in Ireland and currently lives a decent life. The flashy Dubliner is generally known for his expensive tastes and he often takes to Instagram to show off his extravagant purchases.
Height and Tattoos
Conor towers 5 ft 9 inches and weighs 155 lb (70 kg). His body measurement shows he is a really strong and built man. McGregor has a lot of tattoos which mean different things to him. You can see the tattoos and their positions below:
1. Arabic writing on the back of his left heel
2. He also has a winged crucifix on his neck.
3. At his back from the base of the crucifix, he has a helix of thorns running down his spine.
4. His chest has silverback gorilla wearing a crown and holding a heart in its mouth.
5. The front of his left forearm is covered in a rose bush with a clock showing 3.35pm and a large dagger through a separate rose on the inside and small stick figure in a boxing pose on his elbow.
6. Just above the roses the motto “slow is smooth, smooth is fast” is inscribed
7. On his abdomen, he has a tattoo showing a tiger on a whim. He also has a stencilled writing above and below the tiger – it says his name, McGregor, and his nickname, Notorious.
McGregor is a champion, even though many are not too fond of his mannerisms at times, he is someone who embodies hard work, dedication, discipline, and the relentless pursuit to be the best at his craft. His quotes are quite inspirational:
1. All that matters is how you see yourself. If you see yourself as the king, with all the belts and everything, and no matter what no one else says, as long as you see that and really believe in it, then that’s what’s going to happen.
2. Failure is not an option for me. Success is all I envision.
3. Excellence is not a skill. Excellence is an attitude.
4. Keep believing in your ability; believe in your shot, believe in your move and show up at the gym. It is a recipe for success that cannot be stopped.
5. There’s no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession. Talent does not exist, we are all human beings. You could be anyone if you put in the time. You will reach the top, and that’s that. I am not talented, I am obsessed.
Quick Facts about Notorious McGregor
Full Name: Conor McGregor
Profession: MMA/UFC fighter
Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Weight: 145 lb (66 kgs)
Date of Birth: July 14, 1988
Place of Birth: Dublin, Ireland
Marital status: Dating (Dee Devlin)
Astrological sign: Cancer
Conor McGregor earnings: $64million