The Cyrus family is without an iota of doubt definitely one of the most successful and celebrated families in Hollywood. Just like other famous families, they have been involved in a series of scandals over the years. From leaked nudes, family feuds, to on-and-off divorce talks, the Cyrus’ sure have enough drama to kick off a successful reality TV show. One of such dramas was the 2010 revelation that there was a member of the Cyrus family lurking in the shadows named Christopher Cody Cyrus. The revelation piqued the interest of fans hence leading to further disclosure that he was the first child of Billy Ray Cyrus, who is also the biological father of Trace Cyrus, Miley Cyrus, and Noah Cyrus. Continue reading to know more about Billy Cyrus’ mystery son.
Who is Christopher Cody Cyrus?
Christopher Cody Cyrus was born on the 8th day of April 1992 to Bill Ray Cyrus and Kristin Luckey in South Carolina. He is of American nationality and white ethnicity. At the time, his father, Billy Cyrus, was on his way to becoming a legendary country music star, opening for musical acts like Reba McEntire. Although his father is now internationally famous, not much is known about his beloved mother who raised him till adulthood.
Nevertheless, recent studies show that his mother was a waitress in South Carolina. While tending to customers, she came across Billy Ray Cyrus who was just an upcoming singer with high hopes of becoming famous someday. The pair fell in love, dated and eventually broke up a few months before she gave birth to her son.
Although Billy Ray Cyrus willfully and happily accepted paternity of Christopher, he wasn’t involved much in the raising of the lad, his excuse being his marriage to Hollywood actress Leticia Jean Finley who at the time of Christopher’s birth was pregnant. However, despite his absence from the actual raising of his first son, he was known to send monthly allowance to Kristen for upkeep.
As regards to his educational background, Christopher Cody Cyrus attended elementary school at Myrtle Beach Intermediate Schoolhouse before going on to enroll at Forrestbrook Middle High School. When college came around, Christopher headed to the University of Texas, where he attended law school. The education history of Christopher Cody might suggest a successful life in the corporate environment for the South Carolina-born Cyrus, but according to reports, he has only managed to work in an electronic store.
Upon completion of his high school education, he worked at an electric store for a brief moment where he was paid a meager sum of $7.5 per hour for his services. Despite the low pay, he did his duties with dedication and diligence as it offered him a chance to contribute to paying part of the bills which was a burden to his mother.
After a while, the boy decided to further his education by enrolling at the University of Texas to study Law. However, there’s a constant debate as to if he graduated or dropped out at some point given the fact that he doesn’t introduce himself as a lawyer.
This is a sharp contrast to several of his siblings who are one way or the other, stars in their fields starting with Miley Cyrus being an accomplished actress and musician. Brandi Cyrus is an actress, Trace is a musician, Braison is a model and Noah, an actress.
Relationship with the Cyrus Family
If babies could talk and express conscious understanding of the world around them, Christopher Cody must have exclaimed with joy when he opened his eyes to the world and learned that country music legend, Billy Ray Cyrus was his father. The excitement would have been borne of the belief that he was born to a celebrity and was set for a life of glamor and wealth.
However, that hasn’t been his reality ever since he grew into adulthood. Not only has he not shared in the family wealth and celebrity glamor, he is also barely recognized as a member of the family, as shown by a reality show about the family which failed to include him as part of the Cyrus family.
Growing up, Christopher Cody had bits and pieces of interactions with his siblings, particularly the superstar, Miley Cyrus but he was unable to maintain a relationship with her, enough to bring him into the fold. He does, however, have good things to say about Miley whom he recalls to be a really nice person.
When it comes to the Cyrus family patriarch, Christopher Cody may have had the luck of being born to a celebrity father, but Billy did not win the award of a good father. Cody has a very limited relationship with his father and despite his attempt at establishing one, he has always come up with nothing.
Still, Christopher Cody, who has always had to rely on his mother to raise his spirits when he is overwhelmed by the disappointment of his last name, still appears to have nothing but good things to say about his non-family family.
Other Facts You Didn’t Know About Billy Ray Cyrus Son
1. Despite being a victim of intentional fatherly neglect, care, and affection; receiving no gifts on his birthday while his other half-siblings received expensive presents, he doesn’t hold any grudge against his father, Billy Ray Cyrus or any of his half-siblings. As a matter of fact, he adores Miley Cyrus and is quick to defend her regular antics as being the behavior of a normal celebrity trying to have so much fun doing what she loves.
2. Unlike his other half-siblings who are in the entertainment business and always in the news for a thing or the other, Christopher begs to differ. Although there a few pictures of him on his Facebook page holding a guitar, it’s clear he doesn’t plan on taking up music as a profession. He has often reiterated his desire to live a quiet, simple life free from the constant scrutiny that comes with fame.
3. By virtue of being the first child of a multi-millionaire father, it’s only normal for one to expect Christopher to be living in extreme luxury but the reverse is the case. His living condition is clearly the farthest thing from luxury and he doesn’t feel entitled to anything from his dad, at least to the best of our knowledge.
4. Christopher Cody Cyrus is currently single and hasn’t been rumored to be in a romantic relationship with anyone in the past.
5. Unlike the rest of the Cyrus family, Christopher Cody has managed to live a very private life. His choice to maintain a low profile instead of leveraging his last name for the opportunities it carries has been derided by those who are familiar with him but there is no doubt that the choice to keep to himself has also brought him peace.