For more than two decades, Christel Khalil has been a regular face on our screens and her charismatic talents always leave fans begging for more. Besides embodying several characters on TV and film, she has other artistic talents that have established her as a star in the entertainment industry. Away from the camera, the Y&R star counts her family members as her strongest support system. Khalil’s quest for freedom has made her take some life-changing decisions both in her personal and professional life. Find out interesting facts about Khalil’s personal life including her parents, siblings, and son.
Who is Christel Khalil?
A native Californian born on November 30, 1987, Christel Adnana Mina Khalil has been on the acting scene since the age of five. The actress has not disclosed any information about her educational background but for career, she made her screen debut on TV in the year 1993 after landing the guest role of Crystal in the sitcom The Sinbad Show.
She has since followed up with other TV roles in series such as Family Matters (1996), George & Leo (1997), That’s So Raven (2003 – 2004), W.I.T.C.H (2004 – 2006), and Malcolm in the Middle (2006). Khalil’s most famous role yet is clearly that of Lily Ashby on The Young and the Restless. She joined the show in 2002 on a contract basis until 2005. The actress was made a series regular in 2006 but dropped to recurring status in 2018 after voicing her dissatisfaction with her role as Lily. Besides Y&R, Khalil also has credited TV roles in NCIS: Los Angeles (2012), and 2 Broke Girls (2012).
More so, Christel Khalil made her film debut in 1995 with the movie Dragon Fury. Her other big-screen credits include Matilda (1996), You’re Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley’s Christmas Party (1997), Milo (1998), Interview with the Assassin (2002), White Like the Moon (2002), Chronologia Human (2017), and Bedlam (2017). Since dropping down her status on the Y&R series, Christel Khalil has pursued other film projects landing big roles in Sorority Stalker: No Good Deed (2018) and We Need To Talk (2019).
How Long Was She Married To Stephen Hensley?
Christel Khalil was once happily married to her fellow actor Stephen Hensley. Details regarding the former couple’s romance from the outset are quite sketchy but they are believed to have dated for a while before tying the knot in September 2008. All were presumed well for the celebrity pair until 2011 when Christel and Stephen’s marriage hit the rocks.
Following their split, Khalil moved on to Ray Wicks. The couple was together until mid-2015 before calling it quits. More recently, the actress was linked to a businessman called Sam Restagno from Canada. Though details of their romance have not been disclosed, they are believed to have been dating for a couple of years.
Meet Christel Khalil’s Son and Parents
Christel Khalil is a proud mom to Michael Caden Hensley, the son she had with her ex-husband Stephen Hensley in April 2010. The actress who currently resides with her son in Toronto, Ontario, is grateful for the joy of motherhood which has helped her understand and focus on the more important things in life. From empathy to compassion to selflessness and so much more, Khalil claims her son Michael whom she had at a young age has taught her many life lessons. The Y&R star also shares a close bond with her family and doesn’t hesitate to flaunt some of their special moments with fans on social media.
Meanwhile, Christel Khalil is one of the four children born to her parents – Belita Edwards and Adnan Kahlil. She and her three older brothers have a rich cultural heritage. The siblings have paternal Pakistani roots as well as mixed maternal ancestry that cut across Africa, Europe, and Native America. She also has a younger half-sister from her dad.
Other Interesting Facts about Christel Khalil
1. Khalil is also musically talented and prides in her ability to play some musical instruments such as the guitar. She featured in Johnny Britt’s 2012 music video – Beautiful Queen.
2. When the cameras are not rolling, Khalil who is an avid traveler spends her time traveling across the globe. Additionally, she enjoys hiking, cooking, dancing, playing the guitar, practicing yoga, singing, and also horseback riding in her leisure time.
3. Besides her acting gigs, Christel Khalil has also added modeling to her resume. In 2015, she modeled for a non-profit organization called True Connection.
4. Christel Khalil’s role on The Young and the Restless has earned her no less than 14 prestigious award nominations. But some of her career highlights were in 2008 and 2012 when she took home an NAACP Image Award and a Daytime Emmy Award, respectively.
5. Khalil is also quite popular on social media. She is active on some networking platforms and fans can connect with the actress on Twitter (@christeladnana) and Instagram (christeladnana).