Brittany Wagner is a famous life coach, academic chancellor, athletic instructional, advisor, and consultant assistant. She is held in high esteem by many for her contributions towards the development of sports as well as her drive towards creating a balance between sports and education for young athletes. Despite her numerous achievements in the field of sports, she only gained worldwide recognition in 2016, following her involvement in the popular Netflix documentary show, Last Chance U.
Brittany Wagner’s Age and Bio
Brittany Wagner was born on November 15, 1977, in Clinton, Mississippi, United States of America. She is of Native American ethnicity and American Nationality. Growing up, she was raised by her parents in Mississippi and attended Clinton High school, graduating in May 1996. In August that same year, she enrolled at Samford University but later transferred to Mississippi State University in January 1998 and graduated in May 2000, bagging a bachelor’s degree in Sports Communication. In 2004, she obtained a Master’s degree in Sports Administration from the University of Mississippi.
Her career as a life coach began in 2002 after she secured a job at the Jacksonville State University Athletic Department before switching to the Athletic Department of Mississippi State University in 2004. After five years, she quit her job at Mississippi State University and moved to East Mississippi Community College (EMCC), where she was assigned the role of athletic instructional advisor and compliance assistant. At EMCC, she was privileged enough to oversee, scrutinize, and monitor the development of over 200 students; thereby witnessing most of their transition from amateur to professional players.
Unknown to many, Brittany Wagner has been very instrumental in the success of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association(NCAA) in recent years. During her time working for both organizations, she served as a guide to football players by helping them strike a reasonable balance between their education and athletics. Her enthusiasm towards her job led her into setting up an academic tool for athletic students called Gradesfirst; a tool that made it possible for such students to experience great progress academically, hence making her even more loved and respected in the world of sports.
Presently, the sports administrator is a single woman and isn’t rumored to be involved romantically with anyone. However, she was once married to Mark White, a former basketball coach who coached EMCC at the time when she was an athletic instructor of the college. There is no credible information as regards the exact date they got married, how long their marriage lasted, or why they decided to go their separate ways.
Nonetheless, we can be content with the fact that they ended their marriage on a peaceful note. They are both parents to a beautiful girl named Kennedy Grier, and even though Wagner has custody of the child, he supports financially.
Things You Need To Know About Brittany Wagner
1. With over 20 years of experience in the sports sector, Brittany is sure expected to be worth a huge sum of money. She currently earns $42,540 annually as a sports administrator aside from other benefits. That being said, her current net worth is pegged at $2 million.
2. She is great at teaching and mentoring. During the spring of 2016, Brittany Wagner had an intern named Savana Alexander, who upon completion of her internship wrote a report referring to Wagner as “an incredible mentor and teacher”, while at the same time thanking the woman for the opportunity given to her to learn practically.
3. During an interview with the Anniston Star in 2017, Brittany revealed that unlike other sports administrators, she doesn’t google players before getting to know them. According to her, she prefers to have a physical conversation with them and slowly get to know more about their abilities and areas where they can do better. This, according to her, makes it easier to know how best she can be of assistance.
4. She is very business inclined. In 2017, she moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and shortly after, she decided to set up a consulting company which she named 10 Thousand Pencils.
5. With her knowledge in sports, she is highly experienced in issues relating to health and wellness. As a result, she tries her best to keep fit and maintain a good physique.