Every game lover, especially those who pay attention to detail must not only be familiar with the name Brendan Greene but also consider him an icon. He clearly didn’t attain such level of recognition for winning the highest points in a fortnight special like Nickmercs. Rather, he attained that iconic status for being the creator, cinematographer, director, and editor of the mind-blowing game PlayerUnknown’s Battleground. Interested in getting to know more about Brendan Greene? Keep reading and learn the facts about his early life, net worth, and several other surprising things about his life.
Brendan Greene Biography
Brendan Greene was born on March 29, 1976, in Ballyshannon, Republic of Ireland. He is of Irish nationality and mixed ethnicity. While there is very little information available about his parents and childhood, it is a known fact that he was raised in an army camp in Curragh. There is also no information as to where he received his elementary or high school education; nevertheless, he holds a degree in Fine Art from the local College of Ireland.
After the completion of his college education, he worked as a DJ for a few years, playing at local parties and nightclubs before he decided to move to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Upon moving to Brazil, he decided to quit Djing and ventured into photography; with his degree in fine art one would think he had found his true purpose but Brendan wanted more, way more than photography could ever give him.
Burning with the desire to achieve the extraordinary, he began taking web design and coding classes in Sao Paulo. Shortly after mastering the art of web design and coding, he began applying the knowledge in figuring out how games like American Army, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down were coded. The game which eventually caught his attention the most was the military simulation game DayZ, which after several rounds of playing, he noticed the maps were so small and easy to recognize. In a bid to change this, he decided to code the game, making the map wider and more complex: he called his own version ArmA 2. That singular act turned his career from a wannabe, purpose seeker, to a famous video game designer.
Shortly after that, he was hired by Sony Online Entertainment as a consultant and helped work on many games such as H1Z1: King of the Hill and H1Z1: Just Survive, among others. His big break eventually came in 2017 following the release of his game PlayerUnknown’s Battleground on several gaming platforms even to the point of releasing the Android and iPhone versions of the game.
Net Worth Of The Video Tame Designer
Ever since the release of his mind-blowing game PlayerUnknown’s Battleground, there have been lots of speculations surrounding the net worth of Brendan Greene. This is simply because of the fact that the game sold over 13 million copies, raking in a whopping $4.6 billion for Bluehole Inc. That being said, his net worth is estimated at a total of $200 million.
Quick Facts To Know About Him
Despite being a very private and secretive person, Brendan Greene is the farthest thing from boring, here are quick facts you should know about him.
1. He is currently single. However, he was once married to a Brazilian girl whose name is very much unknown. He was so in love to the point of relocating to Brazil just to be with her, but their marriage ended a few years after the birth of their daughter.
2. After his divorce from his Brazilian wife, he was so broke to the point that he couldn’t afford a plane ticket back to the Republic of Ireland.
3. When he isn’t working, he goes on road trips or exotic vacations to several beautiful destinations in the world.
4. Despite being filthy rich, Brendan Greene isn’t an extravagant person. When asked during an interview what the most expensive thing he ever got for himself was, he simply replied – a bottle of red wine that cost $2500.
5. Now in his early 40s, he still looks really attractive with very healthy looking physique. His most attractive features, however, are his hazel eyes and dark brown hair.