When it comes to finding a person with a strong on-screen presence and unique knowledge of sports journalism, then you think of non-other than the personality of Audra Martin – the American TV anchor, best known for her work in Fox Corporation’s programming division, Fox Sports.
Audra Martin is famous for her wide coverage of sports news for the Minnesota Wild teams. The charm and glamour which she brings on stage is part of the reasons why she is much loved by her fans. Her recent popularity has given rise to questions about her career and personal life. Find out if the Fox Sports sideline reporter is married, her husband and many more below.
Who is Audra Martin?
The American TV anchor Audra Martin is a Chicago native, born in September 1990. The exact day she was born has not been revealed. More so, the TV anchor is yet to give details of her early life as well as her parents and siblings. However, we are able to gather that she grew up with her parents and sister whose names are not yet known. There are reports also that she has a very close relationship with members of her family, particularly her nephew who was fond of calling her ‘ Bug’.
While information about her high school cannot be found, reports have it that the sports news anchor earned a degree in Broadcast Journalism and Criminal Justice from the prestigious University of Central Florida.
Martin began her professional career soon after graduating from the University. Her first professional work was at the Huntsville, Alabama-based TV station, WAAY-TV where she reported for the Atlanta Thrashers. She also worked with the Atlanta Braves Organization. After a while, she got a new job at a Nashville-based television station, WKRN-TV where she was a sideline reporter and sports anchor for the Tennessee Titans.
After some years of experience in the various TV stations, she made a huge breakthrough when she was hired by Fox Sports to serve as its permanent host. She replaced the Minnesota-based news anchor Jamie Hersch, who moved to NHL Network. Audra officially started working with the television station in October 2015. Although her net worth is not yet known, her annual salary is estimated at $63K.
Is She Married, Who is Her Husband?
One question people are curious to find out about Audra Martin is the one that relates to her personal life and relationship status. The famous American journalist has maintained a very private life which makes it quite difficult to know who she has been dating. However, from our findings, we can easily conclude that the American journalist is still single and has not been previously married. There are also no records of anyone she tags as her husband or boyfriend on any of her social media handles. Probably, the journalist is busy building on her career.
Other Cool Facts about Audra Martin
1. Audra Maritn’s father played a key role in inspiring his daughter to pursue a career in journalism. Although she could not further explain how her father inspired her to do so; she often posts an old picture of herself and her father, thanking him for the role he played in her career choice.
2. Audra Martin decided to study Criminal Justice mainly because she longed to become a police officer, but as she was unable to reach that goal, she took up journalism instead and today, she is doing quite well for herself.
3. As a child, music was one of the things that fascinated her. She even played the violin while growing up.
4. While in college studying for her degree, Audra participated in her school’s beauty contest and was crowned the Miss University of Central Florida. She was also an active cheerleader and she excelled in volleyball and softball as well.
5. In 2009, the Fox news anchor sang the Atlanta Dreams’ National Anthem,
6. She strongly supports Jeff’s Law which opposes any form fights and social media bullying
7. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society had in 2015, nominated her for the “Woman of the Year” award. This nomination came as she was instrumental in raising funds to support fights against blood cancer.
8. Ice Hockey games are not the only sport Audra Martin covers; she is also known for covering other professional sports like basketball, prep sports, and football.
9. She has a strong presence on social media platforms with massive followers. On Instagram, she has over 6.2k followers while on Twitter and Facebook she is followed by over 17.7k and 1.5k fans, respectively.