Amy Motta is a very popular actress and TV personality with over 20 years of experience on the acting scene. She is highly revered for her unique ability to effortlessly depict whatever role she is being cast in. Unlike other actresses who ventured into acting during their childhood or teenage years, Amy started quite late at the age of 28, so it’s amazing to see how far she has come today.
This talented actress is mostly known for her roles in Tentacles 8, Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy. With lots of acting credits to her name, she is surely a fan favorite. Read on to know more about her.
Who Is Amy Motta?
As stated earlier, Amy Motta is a popular actress and TV Host. She was born on the 5th day of December 1970 to Phillip and Arlee Motta. Presently, there is no information available with regards to the childhood, educational background, and qualifications of the American actress; but judging by how astute she sounds during impromptu interviews on the red carpet, it’s safe to assume she must have a very sound educational background.
Her career as an actress kicked off in 1988 after she got cast to play the character of Jennifer on the TV show Extramarital. Call it beginners luck if you will, but Amy excelled in that role thereby amassing a certain level of popularity which eventually led to several calls from producers for her to feature in their movies and TV programs. Following the success received as a result of her role in Extramarital, she starred in yet another TV series titled The Bold and the Beautiful in 2000, where she appeared in a recurring role. Later that year, she played the character of Shannon in the hit TV series Passions. After her role on Passions, she didn’t make any screen appearance until 2006 when she starred on the short drama, A Life Not My Own in which she played the character of Abigail Patterson.
From the period of 2006 to 2011 Motta played several roles in movies and TV series such as My Fathers Tears, Milkshake, Stanley, Blood Money, Reality Hell, and CSI: Miami to name a few. Her big break eventually came in 2012 when she got cast to play the role of Chrissy on the ABC hit TV series Modern Family. Her role on the Modern Family changed her career, transforming her from an upcoming actress to a star actress, capable of turning down roles without second thoughts. Ever since then, she has scored major roles on various hit TV series such as The Mentalist, The Young and the Restless, Corporately Challenged, and most notably her character as Jenna Lee on the eleventh season of the popular American Medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy.
5 Interesting Facts to Know About Her
There’s no such thing as knowing too much when it comes to the personal lives of celebrities and Amy Motta is not an exception. Here are 5 quick facts you need to keep in mind about this talented Hollywood actress.
1. Amy Motta is currently married to famous Lebanese drummer, Fred Coury, who plays for the Cinderella band. They got married on the 12th of April 2012 and have remained together ever since. Despite being married for seven years, she hasn’t made her grand entry into motherhood. According to the actress, this will happen when the time is right.
2. Besides acting she has done a series of commercials, a few being a Vacuum cleaner commercial in 2010, a rocket carpet system commercial in 2013 alongside Shark CEO Mark Rosen and a Waterpik water flosser commercial.
3. Amy Motta is a dog person. She has several dogs at home which she often refers to as her children. As a result, it’s not that surprising to know that she clothes them, kisses them mouth to mouth and treats them no differently than humans.
4. When she isn’t in front of a rolling camera, she loves to play ping pong. She frequently describes herself as a ping pong champion, but there’s no telling the exact competition she won.
5. She is 5 feet 7 inches tall (1.7m). As regards her body measurement, she has a chest size of 32 inches, a waist size of 26 inches and a hip size of 33 inches.