|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Age/Date of Birth:||36 years old (April 3, 1986)|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in or 173 cm|
|Husband or Boyfriend:||Paul Michael|
|Parents:||Rick Bynes and Lynn (née Organ)|
Amanda Bynes is a former actress and fashion designer who rose to fame in the 2000s as a Nickelodeon child star.
Having been raised both as a Catholic and a Judaist, her parents gave her the option of choosing her faith when she became an adult. In as much as Amanda claims to be a spiritual person, she is yet to decide the faith to stick to and follow the practices. You will find other facts of her life that you’d love to know below.
A Look Into Amanda Bynes Career Timeline
She began her professional acting career at the age of 7 shortly after attending a comedy camp. Her first ever gig was in a TV commercial for Nestlé’s Buncha Crunch candies. Amanda then acted in a number of stage adaptations of movies like “The Sound of Music”, “The Secret Garden”, “Annie” and “The Music Man”. Her incredible portrayal of her roles landed her a role in the third season of Nickelodeon sketch comedy show “All That”.
She continued to star in “All That” until the end of the 6th season in 2001 when the show went on hiatus. While still on “All That”, Amanda began appearing in “Figure It Out”, a Nickelodeon panel game show, beginning in 1997 and ending in 1999. She also began her own sketch comedy show, a spin-off of “All That” titled “The Amanda Show” in 1999. The Amanda Show which enjoyed huge success lasted for 3 seasons until its cancellation in 2002 and, is hugely responsible for bringing her “star power”. Her next major TV role was in The WB sitcom “What I Like About You” where she played one of the lead roles until its season finale in 2006.
She branched into movies at the age of 15, making her debut in “Big Fat Liar” (2002), which co-starred fellow teen star, Frankie Muniz. She then acted as the lead in “What a Girl Wants” (2003). Her movie career really took off two years later in 2005 with commercial and critical hits like “Lovewrecked” (2005) and “She’s The Man” (2006).
2007 would go on to be the peak of Amanda’s career. She achieved more success as well as increased star power with 2007 film “Hairspray” which grossed over $100 million to become her most successful movie yet. Amanda was also featured on the soundtrack for “Hairspray” which received a Grammy nomination. The movie also won her three awards including a Hollywood Film Festival Award for Ensemble of The Year. She continued the success starring as the titular character in “Sydney White” (2007). The same year, Amanda partnered with Steve & Barry’s to launch her own clothing line “Dear” which unfortunately went out of business only after a year. Forbes calculated Amanda’s earnings for 2007 to be $2.5 million.
Amanda signed a two-movie pact with Screen Gems in 2009, the first of them became “Easy A” a 2010 teenage comedy movie which co-starred Emma Stone. It looked like Amanda was on her way to becoming one of Hollywood’s top actresses but her slew of successes was soon cut short by her own behaviour, perhaps she was struggling to adapt to increased fame. Not only was she unable to star in the second movie which she had signed up for, she also lost other key roles. Unfortunately, Easy A would go on to be Amanda’s last movie before she announced her retirement/hiatus in 2012.
Meet The Members of Her Family
Amanda Laura Bynes was born on April 3, 1986, in Thousand Oaks, California. Her mother Lynn Bynes worked as a dental assistant and office manager. Her father, Rick Bynes also worked as a dentist. Amanda is the youngest of Rick and Lynn’s three children.
- Full name: Rick Bynes
- Date of birth: September 14, 1945
- Occupation: Dentist
- Years active: NA
Amanda Bynes’s father is a renowned dentist but he wasn’t in the spotlight until his daughter had a mental breakdown in 2013. Amanda went on a Twitter rant, accusing her father of abusing her as a child but the claims were strongly debunked by her family members.
Her siblings and mom described their father as the best dad they could have asked for, saying Amanda’s claims were all false. Her father, on his own part, felt bad that his daughter would accuse him of such a terrible act but he showed nothing but love for her.
My poor daughter <3 Daddy loves you. @AmandaBynes
— Rick Bynes (@RealRickBynes) June 1, 2013
Amanda later apologized for all the allegations she brought against her father, according to the actress, a microchip inside her made her say those things.
- Full name: Lynn Darlene Bynes
- Date of birth: September 4, 1947
- Occupation: Office manager, dental assistant
- Years active: NA
Amanda Bynes’ mother worked as a dental assistant and office manager in her heydays. She is now in charge of Amanda’s finances and personal affairs as she was granted temporary conservatorship in August 2013. Lynn also calls the shots on the kind of medical treatment her daughter receives.
Lynn Organ joined her husband during a visit to their troubled daughter in October 2014. They were pictured outside a California hospital where Amanda was being held against her will. The actress was held under section 51510 of the California Welfare and Institutions Code which allows authorities to force mentally ill persons to get help if they pose any danger to themselves and others.
- Full name: Thomas Richard Bynes
- Date of birth: December 5, 1973
- Occupation: chiropractor
- Years active: since 2002
Tommy is the first child in the family. He is a practicing chiropractor who has helped many people push through different kinds of pain, including severe headache and bone aches.
He is a family man and resides in Cedar Park, Texas, where he runs his company “Bynes Family Chiropractic”. Through Tommy, Amanda is an aunt to two of his daughters.
- Full name: Jillian Joyce Bynes
- Date of birth: February 1, 1983
- Occupation: Actress
- Years active: NA
Amanda’s immediate older sibling, Jillian is also an actress but not as famous as her younger sister. She made a few appearances on The Amanda Show in 1999 and also starred in a community theater play titled Wait Until Dark. She pressed the pause button on her acting career in the mid-2000s to focus on other aspects of her life.
Jillian is more focused on her family lately. She is building a family with Brandon O’Keefe whom she married on July 26, 2008.
Details of Amanda Bynes Relationship With Channing Tatum
It all began in 2006 during the release of the film “She is the Man”. Rumors went around that the actress and her co-star Channing Tatum were dating. This was after a picture of the two kissing passionately surfaced. As if the rumor didn’t go round enough, the two co-stars visited Fuse’s ex-countdown show Daily Download to promote the movie and gave people more reason to talk about them.
As Amanda walked in to join Channing, he welcomed her saying “She is so hot” and she replied with “Aww…stop”. In a rather twist of event, Amanda started her notorious Twitter attack against a hand full of celebrities she called ugly. This saw her follow, unfollow and refollow Channing. She repeated this about four more times and of course, the internet became awash with rumors of their breakup.
Nonetheless, nobody was sure the kind of relationship they had, and even up till now, neither Channing nor Amanda has come out to confirm or deny these rumors.
She Might Still Be Engaged to Paul Michael
However, Amanda’s mom, in her capacity as her conservator, suggested that she remained in a controlled environment since she is in no shape to make personal decisions. Three weeks after her engagement news was made public, it emerged that the actress and Michael have gone their separate ways but in March 2020, they sort of got back together and even confirmed that Amanda was expecting a child. The actress’s attorney, David Esquibias, however, debunked the pregnancy claim.
As of May 2020, Amanda was still posting loved-up messages for Michael, insisting that they are still together. Before Paul Michael came into the picture, Amanda Bynes was romantically linked to Frankie Muniz, Taran Killam, and Drake Bell.
What is Byne’s Current Net Worth?
At the peak of her career, Bynes had an income as high as $8 million, in 2007 Forbes estimated her yearly earnings at $2.5 million, making her one of the highest-earning Hollywood young stars. However, Bynes’ finances came under danger following a series of incidents with the law as well as suspected mental disorders.
As a result, the troubled star was placed under the conservatorship of her mother. In a bid to get her act together, she retired from acting in 2012 and has since kept a low profile. Amanda Bynes began to resurface sporadically in the media in 2015. Lately, in 2016, it appears The Amanda Show star has been doing well for herself and is set to return to more activity as well as earning top dollar. Her current asset is estimated at $6 million.
House and Cars
The court documents revealed at the peak of her troubles in 2014 that Amanda’s net worth was $5.7 million with $2.8 million coming from real estate and $2.9 million in cash/cash equivalent. Her parents also revealed that she earned $144,768 in 2013 from rental income and also continues to receive royalties from her previous acting endeavours.
Amanda bought a mini-mansion in a gated community in Calabasas for $2 million in 2011. The 4,618-sq ft house includes 4 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, a pool and even barbecue spots. She owns another apartment in West Village, New York. Her black BMW X5 is valued at $95,000.
Quick Facts About Amanda Bynes
1. Following her acting retirement, Amanda said she wanted to focus on becoming a fashion designer. However, her schooling at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Irvine, LA was truncated by her own actions.
2. She was first arrested for speaking on her cellphone while driving and next for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in April 2012. She was also involved in not one, but two hit-and-run incidents; charges were dropped following financial settlements between her and the victims.
3. Amanda’s legal troubles continued when she was arrested for possession of marijuana, charged with tampering with evidence and even for unusual behaviors like when she attempted to start a fire at a stranger’s driveway.
4. It didn’t end there, the star also began to self-destruct, she would often squander money by buying luxury items and giving them away to strangers.
5. Amanda checked into a mental facility twice and was placed under the conservatorship of her parents. In one of the court hearings, her parents revealed that Amanda had squandered over $1.2 million of her earnings in just a year- 2013.
6. After being released the second time from rehab in October 2014, Amanda in 2015 returned to FIDM LA to continue her studies in fashion designing. All these while, Amanda who had an active social media presence became very quiet. However, that began to change in late 2015 when she resumed updating her fans though sporadically.
7. One time, she took to Twitter to share disturbing allegations against her father. According to her, Rick was incestuous towards her as a child. She also claimed that her father verbally and physically abused her calling her ugly as a child. However, she later renounced her tweets after her mother Lynn denied that her husband of more than three decades never abused anybody physically or sexually.
8. In another Tweet following the incident, Amanda opened up that she fabricated those lies against Rick and it was caused by the microchips in her brain possibly ordered by Rick her dad.
9. Credible sources from People revealed that the former child star is now healthy and reportedly in a better place and has even begun designing her own sketches with hopes of launching a fashion line in the near future. Her lawyer David Esquibias also confirmed the reports to People saying that she is focused on her studies. The actress has also confirmed the same via her Twitter account.
10. If she can stay away from trouble, it appears Amanda could start raking top dollar to increase her net worth and who knows, even restart her acting career, after all, she told People Magazine in 2011 that she was merely taking a “time off”.
|Also Known As:||Chicky, Mandy, Manda|
|Famous For:||Her appearances on the TV series All That, The Amanda Show, and What I Like About You.|
|Colleges/Universities Attended:||Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Irvine,|
|Educational Qualifications:||Associate's of Art degree in Merchandise Product Development|
|Birthday & Zodiac
|Age/Date of Birth:||36 years old (April 3, 1986)|
|Birth Place:||Thousand Oaks, California, United States|
|Country of Residence: ||USA|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in or 173 cm|
|Weight:||64 kg or 141 lbs|
|Hair Color:||Naturally brown but, she generally dyes them blonde.|
|Other Body Measurements:||34-27-37 inches (bust, waist, hips)|
|Family and Relatives
|Mother:||Lynn (née Organ)|
|Siblings:||Tommy (Older Brother) (born 1973) (Chiropractor), and Jillian (Older Sister) (born 1983)|
|Estimated Net Worth:||$3 millionn|
|Source of Wealth:||Acting, fashion business, real estate|