Films, we know, are among the things that provoke all kinds of emotions. In addition to entertaining you, a particular movie can make you cry, laugh or relax. You could also find strength and all the encouragement you need from films for every phase of life you are facing. Ever heard of film therapy? Whether you are a film buff or enjoy watching movies on Netflix, memorable movie phrases have likely made their way into your everyday vocabulary. These famous movie quotes and iconic lines may be among your favorites from your favorite movies.
Famous Disney Movie Quotes
1. Even miracles take a little time — Fairy Godmother (Cinderella).
2. Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it — Rapunzel (Tangled).
3. It’s better to use your head than break your back — Ernst Robinson (Swiss Family Robinson).
4. Admit defeat, and defeat will surely admit you into permanent custody — Beret Girl (An Extremely Goofy Movie).
5. Listen with your heart, you will understand” — Grandmother Willow (Pocahontas).
6. Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it — Elastigirl (The Incredibles).
7. If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead — Gusteau (Ratatouille).
8. The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and beautiful of all — The Emperor (Mulan).
9. The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up — Timothy Mouse (Dumbo).
10. All it takes is faith and trust — Peter Pan (Peter Pan).
11. All at once, everything looks different, now that I see you — Rapunzel (Tangled).
12. A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference — Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh).
13. You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems — Merida (Brave).
14. A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart — Zeus (Hercules).
15. Don’t just fly, soar — Dumbo (Dumbo).
16. In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun — Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins).
17. Life’s not a spectator sport. If watchin’ is all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without ya — Laverne (The Hunchback of Notre Dame).
18. The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem — Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean).
19. The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability — Remy (Ratatouille).
20. Remember, you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine — Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves).
21. Do not be followed by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts — Merchant (Aladdin).
22. Believe you can, then you will — Mulan (Princess Stories).
23. Today is a good day to try — Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame).
24. How do you spell love? You don’t spell love. You feel it — Piglet and Pooh (Winnie The Pooh).
25. If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take — The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland).
26. The things that make me different are the things that make me ME — Piglet (Winnie the Pooh).
27. Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it — Rafiki (The Lion King).
28. You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think — Winnie the Pooh (Pooh’s Most Grand Adventure).
29. If you don’t think, then you shouldn’t talk — March Hare (Alice in Wonderland).
30. Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it — Merida (Brave).
31. I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble — Mufasa (The Lion King).
32. Giving up is for rookies — Philoctetes (Hercules).
33. You control your destiny … you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems — Merida (Brave).
34. A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart — Zeus (Hercules).
35. Don’t just fly, soar — Dumbo (Dumbo).
36. In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun — Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins).
37. Life’s not a spectator sport. If watchin’ is all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without ya — Laverne (The Hunchback of Notre Dame).
38. Believe you can, then you will — Mulan (Princess Stories).
39. Always let your conscience be your guide — The Blue Fairy (Pinocchio).
40. I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it — Alice (Alice in Wonderland).
Famous Horror Movie Quote
41. The Power Of Christ Compels You — (The Exorcist).
42. I don’t get mad. I bake — Sarah Monroe (Prom Night III: The Last Kiss, 1990).
43. You’re keeping me alive because you don’t know DOS?— Izzy (The Prophecy II, 1998).
44. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”Jack Torrance — (The Shining, 1980).
45. You know that part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid and everyone hates them for it? This is it — Trish (Jeepers Creepers, 2001).
46. We don’t need a stretcher in there. We need a mop! — Ambulance crew member (A Nightmare on Elm Street, 1984).
47. Oh? Did you get a letter? I got ran over, Helen gets her hair chopped off and Julie gets a body in her trunk and you get a letter? That’s balanced — Barry Cox (I Know What You Did Last Summer, 1997).
48. It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare — Sheriff Leigh Brackett (Halloween, 1978).
49. I know you’re there Tina. Because I can smell your brains — Freddy (The Return of the Living Dead, 1985).
50. That cold ain’t the weather. That’s death approaching. — Stranger (30 Days of Night, 2007).
51. Sometimes Dead Is Better — Neighbour (JudePet Sematary).
52. Hey – check this out! I found the ass end! — Valentine McKee (Tremors, 1990).
53. Don’t shoot yourself. Don’t shoot each other. And especially… don’t shoot me — Sheriff Hague (Planet Terror, 2007).
54. Trust is a tough thing to come by these days — MacReady (The Thing 1982).
55. I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly — Elizabeth (Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, 1986).
56. If I weren’t about to shit in my pants right now, I’d be fuckin’ fascinated — Jack MacReady (Slither, 2006).
57. Do they look like psychos? Is that what they look like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don’t give a fuck how crazy they are! — Seth (From Dusk Till Dawn, 1996).
58. Darling. Light, of my life. I’m not gonna hurt ya. You didn’t let me finish my sentence. I said I’m not gonna hurt ya. I’m just gonna bash your brains in — Jack Torrance (The Shining, 1980).
60. Avery: You like this better than Jesus?
Layton: That’s just, that’s not appropriate.
Avery: You like this better than baby Jesus?
Layton: Uh, bout an equal amount — Hatchet II (2010).
61. It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin Or Else It Gets The Hose Again — (The Silence Of The Lambs).
62. We medicals have a better way than that. When we dislike a friend of ours, we dissect him — Donald Fettes (The Body Snatcher, 1945).
63. I’d say I’m a pretty darn good father. My father tried to eat me, I don’t remember trying to eat Timmy — Bill Robinson (Fido, 2006).
64. Well hello, Mister Fancypants. Well, I’ve got news for you pal, you ain’t leadin’ but two things, right now: Jack and shit… and Jack left town — Ash (Army of Darkness 1992).
65. Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin’ Mark Twain shit. ‘Cause it’s definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone — Otis B. Driftwood (The Devil’s Rejects, 2005).
66. We’ve been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft’s okay! He’s a sailor, he’s in New York; we get this guy laid, we won’t have any trouble! — Dr. Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters, 1984).
67. Detective Cameron: I got good news and bad news girls. The good news is your dates are here.
Sorority Sister: What’s the bad news?
Detective Cameron: They’re dead — Night of the Creeps, 1986).
68. Hey Pam! Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn’t a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it honey, you really gotta be sitting in my seat — Stuntman Mike (Death Proof, 2007).
69. I met this 6-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes… the devil’s eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy’s eyes was purely and simply…evil — Dr. Loomis (Halloween).
70. Something came out of the fog and tried to destroy us. In one moment, it vanished. But if this has been anything but a nightmare, and if we don’t wake up to find ourselves safe in our beds, it could come again. To the ships at sea who can hear my voice: look across the water, into the darkness. Look for the fog — Stevie Wayne (The Fog, 1980).
Famous Movie Quotes About Life
71. A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends — Niki, Lauda, Rush (1968).
72. After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. — (Shrek 2001).
72. Sometimes, it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine — Christopher Morcom, (The Imitation Game 2014).
73. Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies — Andy Dufresne (The Shawshank Redemption 1994).
75. You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love – (The Notebook, 2004).
76. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it – Ferris, (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, 1986).
77. Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear — Maximus (Gladiator, 2000).
78. The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all — the Emperor of China, (Mulan, 1998).
79. Great men are not born great, they grow great – Mario Puzo, from (The Godfather, 1972).
80. Every man dies, but not every man really lives – William Wallace (Braveheart, 1995).
81. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us – Gandalf (Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).
82. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices – Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 2002).
83. Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part – William Somerset (Se7en, 1995).
84. You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to — Sean (Good Will Hunting, 1997).
85. Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first” – Sean Maguire (Good Will Hunting, 1997).
86. My momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get” – (Forrest Gump, 1994).
87. Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does – David Schwimmer, (Kissing a Fool, 1998).
88. We walk away from our dreams afraid we may fail, or worse yet, afraid we may succeed –William Forrester (Finding Forrester, 2000).
89. Life is not the number of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away – Alex Hitchens, (Hitch, 2005).
90. You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours. – White Queen (Alice in Wonderland, 2010).
91. When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you –Roy McAvoy (Tin Cup, 1996).
92. We can’t retract the decisions we’ve made. We can only affect the decisions we’re going to make from here – Nick Rice (Law Abiding Citizen, 2009).
93. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you-you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period – Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness 2006).
94. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return – (Moulin Rouge 2004).
95. My Mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on — (Forrest Gump, 1994).
96. Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested — Pi Patel (Life of Pi (2012).
97. Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up” – Alfred (Batman Begins 2005).
98. It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard… is what makes it great — Jimmy Dugan (A League of Their Own 1992).
99. You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am” (On the Waterfront, 1954).
100. Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there – (Good Will Hunting, 1997)
101. To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life – Walter Mitty (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, 2013).
102. To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life – Walter Mitty (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, 2013).
103. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times when one only remembers to turn on the light — Professor Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 2004).
104. There’s no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more” – Walter Abrams (Two For The Money, 2005).
105. Remember those posters that said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well, that’s true of every day but one…the day you die – (American Beauty).
106. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained” – President Snow (The Hunger Games).
107. Calling someone fat doesn’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. All you can do in life is try and solve the problem in front of you” – Cady (Mean Girls).
108. Now you’re looking for the secret, but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled” – (The Prestige).
109. If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you’d be the first person in the history of the world” – Philip Seymour (Hoffman, The Master).
110. You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others? – Carter Chambers (The Bucket List).
111. Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse” – Frank Abagnale Sr (Catch Me If You Can, 2005).
112. In this life, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to anybody but yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen. Now go on back” –Fortune (Rudy, 1993).
113. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! — Rocky (Rocky Balboa 2006).
114. I think some people are too scared, or something. I guess it’s hard for people who are so used to things the way they are – even if they’re bad – to change. ‘Cause they kind of give up. And when they do, everybody kind of loses — Trevor McKinney (Pay It Forward, 2000).
115. There should be no boundaries to human endeavour. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope — Stephen Hawking (The Theory of Everything, 2014)
116. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook).
117. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control – Richard (Eat, Pray, Love).
118. You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ ‘Has your life brought joy to others? – Carter Chambers (The Bucket List).
119. We will work to be an example of how we, as brothers and sisters on this earth, should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe. — T’Challa (Black Panther 2018).
120. I’ve touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they’ll go to for love. Now I know. Only love can save this world. So I stay. I fight, and I give… for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. Forever — Diana Prince (Wonder Woman 2017).