Tom Cruise Net Worth is $550 Million
Tom Cruise is an American actor, producer and entrepreneur. Here is a look at how he has made his wealth
Tom Cruise Net Worth: Film Salary
One of the biggest stars in Hollywood, Tom Cruise has a career that spans 3 decades. He received the 2nd and 3rd Academy nominations from ‘Jerry Maguire’ and ‘Magnolia’ and won a Golden Globe Award. Over 20 of his films have grossed over $100 million each. In 2012, he was named the highest paid actor in Hollywood. He has been nominated 3 times for the Academy Awards and has received 3 Golden Globe Awards.
One of his most successful movies was ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’ which grossed $694.7 million globally. He has made $290 million from the Mission: Impossible series. Cruise signs profit participation deals for his movies and earns an average of $60 million per film.
Some of the movies he has acted include: ‘Cocktail’, ‘Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles’, ‘Oblivion’, ‘Vanilla Sky’, and ‘Edge of Tomorrow’. (2015)
Here is a breakdown of what some of the movies made:
– Top Gun – over $180 million in the U.S. This is 12 times its budget. It won him an Oscar.
– Mission: Impossible – $181 million in box office.
– Mission: Impossible II – $215 million in the U.S. It had a budget of $125 million.
– Minority Report – $132 million in the U.S.
– The Last Samurai – $111 million in the U.S.
– Collateral – $100 million in the U.S. It had a budget of $65 million.
– War of the Worlds – $234 million in the U.S.
– Mission: Impossible III – $133 million in the U.S. Its budget was $150 million. The profits were largely from overseas audiences.
– Valkyrie – $83 million in the U.S. Though it received solid reviews it was only marginally successful. and it took an entire year to make back its $75 million budget.
– Knight and Day – $76 million in the U.S. It made a loss of about $40 million in the U.S., though it fared better overseas. He made $7.5 million.
– Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol – $209 million in the U.S. The movie was successful all around the world.
– Jack Reacher – $80 million in the U.S.
– Oblivion – $89 million at the box office. Its budget was $120 million. He made $20 million.
– Edge of Tomorrow – $28 million.
See Also: Brad Pitt’s Net worth
Tom Cruise Net Worth: Business
Tom Cruise founded a production house, Cruise/Wagner production which produced ‘Mission: Impossible’. The movie and its two sequels made $457 million worldwide. He also produced ‘The Others’, ‘Shattered Glass’ and ‘The Last Samurai’. Cruise has 2 brands: Bremont Watches, and Timothy Everest.
Tom Cruise Net Worth: Career Beginnings
Cruise was originally interested in wrestling but his dreams were cut short when he suffered knee injuries. While in high school, he turned to acting and landed his first lead role in ‘Guys and Dolls’. In pursuit of a career in acting, he moved to Los Angeles and took up some minor and supporting roles. His big break came when he took up a role in ‘Risky Business’ for which he received a Golden Globe nomination.
He went on to take up roles in ‘Top Gun’ which grossed $356 million worldwide. His next film, ‘Rain Man’ won 4 Academy Awards, ‘Born on the 4th of July’ got him nominated for an Oscar while ‘A Few Good Men’ resulted in a Golden Globe nomination.
Cruise married actress Katie Homes in a fancy celebrity wedding but divorced 5 years later. According to their prenup, Katie received $400,000 as child support for their daughter Suri of whom she received full custody.
– Church of Scientology
Rumor has it that the Church of Scientology, of which Cruise is a dedicated member, did not allow him to see Suri, his only biological daughter. There were also rumors that he tried to ‘brainwash’ Holmes into joining the cult-like religion. The religion is to be blamed for his failed marriages to both Holmes and Nicole Kidman.